- Soak Jewelry in a Solution of 1/2 Cup White Vinegar and 2 tablespoon Baking Soda.Dip the cleaning cloth in the solution and squeeze it out so that it doesn't drip, then rinse, dry and polish the jewelry.Use this gentle cleaner to remove heavy tarnish that's preventing you from polishing your silver jewelry.
HOW TO CLEAN COSTUME JEWELRY
- Mix together one drop each of baby shampoo and water (regular jewelry cleaners, usually meant for the real deal, are too harsh to use on costume pieces). Use a soft toothbrush or Q-Tip to clean hard-to-reach spots. Rinse off quickly in cool water and dry with a clean, soft hand towel or microfiber cloth.
HOW TO CLEAN WRISTWATCHES
- Wipe Watch Band with a Dry Cloth Moisture is easily trapped between a leather watch band and your skin. It is important to wipe moisture and dirt from your strap regularly. Wiping the leather before cleaning it more thoroughly will ensure that dirt will not scratch it when you are scrubbing. A soft cotton cloth or microfiber jewelry cloth is great for wiping a leather watch band.
Scrub Watch Band with Soap and Water
- Pat down the watch strap with a damp cloth. Avoid using a wet cloth or immersing the leather in water. Put a small dab of mild, moisturizing hand soap on the cloth and scrub the watch band on both sides. Rinse and dampen the cloth with clean water and wipe the watch band clean. Dry the watch band thoroughly. Make sure to allow the strap to air dry before wearing the watch.
- CONDITION WATCH BAND WITH LEATHER CONDITIONER
- Leather conditioner keeps leather moist, which can prolong the life of a watch band and keep it shiny and soft. You can buy affordable professional leather conditioner in a variety of sizes. Follow the instructions on the package when using leather conditioner.